Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mmmm... pureed meat!

Tonight, I pureed tuna. Not as bad as I thought.

On Friday, I went down to Barnes and got my drain and staples taken out. I felt about 200 times better with the drain out of me and it didn't really hurt getting the staples out. I also got to graduate from the horrible liquid diet to pureed food! I was never so excited to eat pureed food in my entire life. The liquid diet was so unsatisfying to my tastebuds and brain. 

I was weighed at the doctor and I am officially 25 pounds down! 16 post-op. 

I have pureed cottage cheese, turkey chili, and tuna. The tuna was like a tuna salad, so it wasn't too gross. I'm still not sure how I feel about pureeing a chicken breast or piece of pork... still sounds gross to me. 

I saw Les Mis tonight! It was great. Passing on the popcorn wasn't easy, but I'm learning that life will go on without eating certain foods. 


1 comment: