Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oh my, December has been crazy! And we're only 6 days into it.

For music teachers and musicians, December is one of those epic months where you never really stop rehearsing or singing. A Cappella has been called to sing at many events, and we are slowly checking them off the list. I'm so happy that people want my choir to come sing for them - they are a really talented group. It just gets exhausting.

I am also singing in a small production of the Messiah on Sunday, so I've been in rehearsal for that. It is nice to be singing again outside of my classrooms.

The high school and junior high are in preparation for their concerts, and the high school cast list for Beauty and the Beast just went up on Monday. Casting was long, stressful, and difficult, but I'm happy with the results.

I have been so busy that I really haven't had time to focus on my upcoming gastric sleeve surgery, but that might be a good thing. I can't dwell on it too much, or I'll go crazy. Yesterday morning was my pre-op appointment and orientation. I can't believe the surgery is less than 2 weeks away. I had to be at Barnes at 7:30am, which meant I was up at 5am. My dad came down to go to my appointments since he will be the one in the hospital with me. I got the all-clear for surgery, as long as my bloodwork comes back fine, which I imagine it will. We had orientation with other weight loss surgery folks. Basically, the nurse went over what happens on the day of surgery and our life afterwards. I am trying my best to prepare myself for my new life, but there's only so much mental preparation that you can do. It's all very overwhelming.

I am most worried about a) the pain - because I am a great big wuss, and b) the recovery and lifestyle change afterwards.

I am supposed to be staying on my 1400 calorie diet until surgery. That is so hard for me, especially during the holidays!

Merry Christmas to me - here's a protein shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment