Monday, June 10, 2013

1 week!!

Oh my goodness, I can't sleep because I am so excited about my vacation! 

I just got back to Hillsboro today from my moms. I played flute with the Urbana Pops Orchestra on their concert last night. I will be honest, I am pretty rusty as far as flute playing is concerned. I haven't done any hard core playing since my Millikin days 6 years ago. It took some serious work to get myself back in shape. By the concert, I finally felt like a competent flutist again. I really need to play more; I love it and I have an incredible instrument that does a lot of sitting in the case. 

I also managed to lose another pound while I was in Villa Grove. Woo!! I did my second day of C25K while I was there. I have yet to do my third day. I had some sort of bronchitis or something going on. Anyway, I've been hacking up a lung for multiple days. I would like to be able to breathe again before I do day 3 of C25K. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. 

I went to visit my dad today before I left. Even though our relationship has been pretty hit and miss, he has always been very supportive of my surgery. He always asks me how much weight I've lost and has a huge smile when I tell him the number. Support is everything to me- it keeps me going. There are days where I just really need encouragement, and I never have to look far. 

I will be getting blood tests done soon to check cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. After years of dreading those numbers, I'm actually excited to find out what they are. My blood pressure has never been high, but always on the higher end of normal. It did drop at my last appointment. Yahoo! My BMI is also down 10 points. My doctor's goal weight for me is still considered "overweight" according to the BMI chart, but I think that anything less is pretty unrealistic for my build. 

Sticking to no sugar! I didn't have any stupid mistakes this week. I am really happy that I've been able to stick with that- for the most part. I think it has made the biggest difference in my life and I can attribute my continued weight loss to it. 

Hopefully the next update will be from the sunny beaches of the Dominican Republic! I might even get really brave and post a swimsuit picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment