Monday, January 7, 2013

Sweet tooth, are you there?

The craziest part of all of this is that I don't really have a sweet tooth anymore. It's amazing and exactly the opposite of what I thought would happen. I crave savory foods - meats and veggies mostly.

I graduate to soft foods on Friday! Woo. I have been cheating a little and not eating totally pureed food the whole time. I eat a lot of the Laughing Cow light cheese - it's the perfect portion size for me.  I also do a ton of greek yogurt with truvia. Lots of eggs, too. Also, my peanut butter and jelly on a spoon creation - natural peanut butter and sugar-free preserves on a spoon.

The weight loss has slowed down, sadly enough. I am down 31 pounds total, 23 pounds post-op. But, I figure that is normal. I'm definitely taking in more calories than I did on the liquid diet. I'm hoping to lose two pounds a week consistently for a few months.

I'm feeling good still. I pushed myself a little too hard last week and got really tired, but I had the weekend to rest. School is going well. Beauty and the Beast rehearsals started today! So excited for this show!

I'm also planning my vacation this summer. Jen and I are hopefully going to the Dominican Republic to a resort for a week. It will be like a celebration for me and my weight loss journey.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment