Monday, September 16, 2013

Running is a term I use very loosely.

Yesterday, I ran my very first 5K! And by ran, I mean I very slowly jogged for most of it. I think I ended up walking about 8 minutes of it. My time was 43:29. I'm pretty happy with that. But, I did it on 5 hours of sleep. I know that if I had gotten a decent amount of sleep that I would have been able to run more. The first mile or so was a steady uphill climb that nearly killed me. So, lesson learned: Don't try to go to your 10 year high school reunion 2 hours away the night before you run!

Speaking of, I had a blast catching up with classmates. It's fun to see how we've all grown and changed since high school. It's also fun to see how some things never change.

I have plans for another 5K on October 12th. I really want to see if I can run the whole thing. However, I am going to take at least 5 days off from running for some recovery time. My hips are sore today, but it isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

I'm still picking color out of my nails and have remnants on my toes.


Before... and yes, we wore tutus.



And after!

No comments:

Post a Comment